Monday 26 October 2015

tile print



So as the warmer weather has begun and we have all panicked and forgotten everything we wore last summer, it is time to start again and this is what I'm loving for the coming months.

The sort of print I'm crushing on is the 'tile print'. You know the one - Portuguese - Italian - Pomegranates - Mediterranean - Lemons... these key words ringing any bells? There is just something about this particular pattern that I'm really attracted to. I think it's because the inspiration for these clothes comes from little seaside towns, warm weather, Mediterranean fruit and it just makes me want to go travelling again.

Brands like Tigerlily and Dolce and Gabbana are all known for their patterns and tile print. If you still don't know what I'm talking about then look at the photos below.

This summer it's time to forget those denim shorts and cropped tanks (thank baby jesus), and make room for printed shift dresses and big flowy tops - well that is what will be in my wardrobe anyway. This really is the time of year to embrace colours and patterns. I know we all have those safe little black and white dresses, but I think it's time to make them plan c. Buy that patterned maxi, or those aqua floppy shorts - you know you want to.

Colour gives you confidence. It is a conversation starter and you will stand out. Trust me that the people around you will be annoyed at themselves for wearing their 'old faithful' when they see you looking banging in your green tessellated jumpsuit.






















No comments:

Post a Comment